Franklin Elementary Lunch Menu
All students have their own cafeteria accounts. In order to utilize their accounts they must deposit money. Please be sure that your child brings his/her meal money in an envelope marked with his/her name and teacher/grade. For your convenience prepayment is accepted for all meals and ala-carte items on a weekly, monthly, or yearly basis.
Meal prices are:
- Elementary Reduced Breakfast - $0.30 (Price set by USDA)
- Elementary Paid Breakfast - $1.25
- High School Paid Breakfast - $1.50
- Adult Paid Breakfast - $1.50
- Elementary Reduced Lunch - $0.40 (Price set by USDA)
- Elementary Paid Lunch - $1.85
- High School Paid Lunch - $2.00
- Adult Paid Lunch - $2.40
- Extra Milk - $0.50
- Ala-Carte Items also available for extra charge
- Please send a note or contact the Cooks if you would like to specify when or if your child may purchase ala-carte items.
*Cafeteria Balance Statements are usually sent home twice a week. Students with negative balances or with balances of less than $5.00 in their accounts are given statements to take home to their parents. Breakfasts, lunches, ala-carte items, and Kindergarten milk all come out of your child's cafeteria account.
From the Cooks
The District's Wellness Policy forbids fast-food meals to be brought into school for breakfast or lunch. Meals from McDonald's, Hardee's, etc. would violate this policy.
Healthy Changes in the School Cafeteria
Unit #1 school cafeterias are continuing to meet tough new federal nutrition standards for school meals, ensuring that meals are healthy and well-balanced, and provide students all of the nutrition they need to succeed at school. Now is a great time to encourage your kids to choose school lunch!
School meals offer students milk, fruits and vegetables, proteins and grains, and they must meet strict limits on saturated fat and portion size. School lunches will meet additional standards requiring:
- Age-appropriate calorie limits
- Larger servings of vegetables and fruits (students must take at least one serving of produce)
- A wider variety of vegetables, including dark green and red/orange vegetables and legumes
- Fat-free or 1% milk (flavored milk must be fat-free)
- More whole grains
- And less sodium
We're always working to offer Massac Unit#1 students healthier and tastier choices. The Food Service Staff will be assisting in planning each month's Healthy Menu. School meals are a great value and a huge convenience for busy families too! Make plans now to eat a Healthy School Breakfast and Lunch.
The Cafeteria Staff looks forward to welcoming your children to the school cafeteria. To find out more about Massac Unit #1 healthy meals, visit the Massac Unit #1 web page at www.massac.org. To get the facts about healthy school meals, visit www.TrayTalk.org.